Saturday, March 14, 2009

3rd confession, I'm Hooked

Okay now kids strap on your seat belts, cause here comes a whopper. I am hooked.
I told you this would shock you now. I know you see me as just a little Momma here, roaming around the kitchen looking for something to cook for all the kids and grand kids. Just barely tottering around, feebly making my way to get to the phone when you call once in a blue moon to check up on me.
I can see you rolling your eyes right now saying, what the heck is Mom talking about!
Well ,I'm talking about being hooked boys, I mean certifiably addicted.
I stay up late at night when it's all quiet just to have that time.
You know what time I'm talking about. ALONE time. Oh yeah. The sweet me, myself and I time alone on my PC as I lovingly call it!
That's what I said kids.
You can have all your cell phones and my space and texting and hook yourself up to your i-pods and mp3 players. But don't even think about touching my PC!
That is why they call it a Personal Computer! It's personal.
You may ask when all this came about.
Well I'm not ashamed to tell you that it's been going on quite a while. At first it was the occasional look. You know just a glance every so often. I would do a little research or look up a recipe, but that was all I promise you.
Then I found out that I could find some answers I had about my family tree. So I started doing a bit of genealogy here and there.
Then I heard that you could find old friends on the world wide web. Hey, I didn't have any friends all over the world then, but I was willing to try.
After a while I started using my PC more frequently. Sure at first it was more of a recreational thing, you know just for fun. But then I started getting serious with it, you know I felt drawn to the light!! The light of the monitor that is .
I started finding excuses for getting on my PC.

Oh sure you thought I was taking classes on line to further my education, at least that's what I let you think. I was actually learning how to set up my Facebook page and how to use those funny little emoticons on my e-mail ;)
Oh I was getting an education alright! I learned how to IM and I learned how to set up a webcam. Hey, those pics are strictly artistic expression !!

So now I'm telling everyone I know and lots of folks I don't know ALL of my business, because I'm hooked. Blabbing all day and night on my PC to anyone who wants to be my "friend" and I never even met them. But you know it's rude to say no when someone wants to be your friend.
I raised you better than that.

So here I am kids, I'm jamming on the keyboards late at night. "Letting it all hang out" as we said back in the day! Ya'll just sit tight and have another cookie and I'll be through with my blog in a bit!!
You know us old ladies take a while to get stuff done, being feeble and all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment